You do not need to have Windows 8 Enterprise to create WTG, as in this article use the normal Windows 7 . After you try some of the different USB 3.0 will not be able to draw the conclusion that the price of the USB 3.0 Microsoft certified reach WinToGo standards also make sense of it.
When installed WTG to an external device, the first thing that you need to divide it into two partitions, the USB 3.0 card can not perform this step, thus not creating WTG. I'm not technical depth windows so do not know the main reason why, simply understand that it is not done because they can not split two partitions.
Your USB is not compatible, use the other!
- Computers running Windows 7 or Windows 8
- If using Win7, you need to download and install: The Windows ® Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows ® 7 . Win8 is available then there is no need to install.
- Iso file of Windows 8 (any version, I used Windows 8 Professional) - Please note that your current OS version 32bit or 64bit, corresponding use Win8 iso file.
- Winrar to extract the iso file
- USB 3.0 - I do not know what success you succeed, just try if interested.
- HDD - USB 3.0 connection (note that USB HDD will be formatted, so the data will be gone)
- Open iso file of Windows 8 software winrar and open the folder \ sources \ install.wim file you will see
- Extract (unzip) this install.win file to the folder c: \ wim \ for easy work.
- USB 3.0 (or USB HDD) PC <- from now on referred to as the USB
- All program -> Microsoft Windows AIK, right-click Deployment Tools Command Prompt andselect Run as administrator .
- Begin executing the commands in the cmd window opened. Here is the command to execute and the order of execution from top to bottom:
- List disk / / list the hard drive in the machine. Usually code USB Disk 2. 2 may vary depending on the machine, you need the flexibility of this place.
- Select Disk 2 / / select USB to manipulate
- Clean / / remove usb
- create partition primary size = 350 / / create the first partition with 350MB capacity
- create partition primary / / create the 2nd partition with the remaining space
- select partition 1 / / select the first
- format fs = fat32 quick / / format partition 1
- active / / activate it
- assign letter = b / / assign it to the partition b. You can put any characters also. Note that if the machine has a hard b then here to other place.
- select partition 2 / / select the next two
- format fs = ntfs quick / / Format partition 2
- assign letter = o / / assign it to the partition o
- Exit / / exit the Diskpart
- ImageX.exe / apply c: \ wim \ install.wim 1 o: / / install.wim settings to partition o. This process takes about 30p - 45p.
- o: \ windows \ system32 \ bcdboot o: \ windows / f ALL / sb: / / copy the boot files to the boot partition b to support
Perhaps the boot needs to be optimized, this is for the help of his brothers in those times trying to create with USB 3.0 always fails in step 9 (2nd partition), the reason is its USB are not support split into 2 partitions. 19 statement will error if you are using win7 32bit but win8 64bit iso file manipulation or vice versa. wish you luck!