The Finepix S2950 camera boasts a high resolution 14 megapixel CCD, a bright 3.0" LCD screen (460K dot resolution) plus viewfinder, and award winning Fujinon optics equipped with a 18X Optical Zoom.The Finepix S2950 is also intuitive and easy to operate, and packed full of useful features and technologies. With its mega 28mm wide-angle to 504mm telephoto lens, the S2950 can capture a wide variety of shots. The S2950 also features a mechanically stabilized 14 megapixel CCD sensor and high ISO sensitivity settings which combine to offer Fujifilm’s Dual Image Stabilization technology.This combination reduces the blurring effects in many shooting conditions. Also Panorama mode, HD movie, Face Detection, and Easy Web Uploader combine with a host of other features to make the Finepix S2950 a feature-packed and versatile shooter for virtually any photographer. This is an Amazon's Product review and you can buy it directly from Amazon.com.
- 14-megapixel CCD sensor; 18x wide-angle optical zoom lens
- Motion Panorama shooting mode
- 720p HD movie capture; mini-HDMI output
- Easy upload to Facebook and YouTube
- Capture images and video to SD/SDHC memory cards (not included)
FUJINON Zoom Lens and Dual Image Stabilization for Sharp, Clear Shots
The FinePix S2950 packs an 18x zoom with an impressive wide angle 28mm-504mm high-precision FUJINON optical lens in a simple-to-operate zoom lever, allowing a huge range to capture every detail, whether shooting stills or movies. With the combination of the mechanically stabilized sensor and high ISO, blurring effects of both hand-shake and subject movement are reduced to provide superb pictures.
Stunning Panoramic Shots
The FinePix S2950 features the easy-to-use Motion Panorama shooting mode, which takes three successive shots with a helpful tool which automatically releases the shutter once the images are fully aligned to seamlessly stitch the shots together in-camera. No matter how basic the photographer's skill, this feature allows users to get creative and see impressive results with no fear of uneven landscapes or shaky horizons.
HD Movie Capture
Capture stunning movies in 720p with sound at 30 frames per second with one touch ease. With a mini-HDMI output connector, it is easy to connect and view images on your HDTV (HDMI cable not included).
Perfect Pictures Every Time with Smile and Blink Detection
Smile Detection recognizes the moment your subject smiles and releases the shutter only when this happens, ensuring a happy photo every time. Additionally the Blink Detection function warns you if any of your subjects have blinked so that you can re-take the photo if necessary.
Social Networking and Photo book Features
In-camera tagging capabilities for both Facebook and YouTube, allowing you to select photos and movies for upload on either of the sites, making for easy upload once you connect to a PC and launch MyFinePix Studio. The feature saves you time and enables you to share your special moments with your closest social network.
The FinePix S2950 also allows you to tag in-camera the images you want to feature in a Photo book, which can be viewed separately in-camera and later created and ordered in a Photo book quickly and seamlessly.
- Tracking Auto Focus (AF): Tracks fast moving subjects so they don't escape from the frame in a blur. Subjects will be tracked automatically for as long as it is kept in the frame and the shutter is half-pressed; when users fully press the shutter button your subject will be in the centre of the photo in perfect focus.
- i-Flash Intelligent Flash: Offers a flash control system which efficiently controls the level of flash for a given exposure to produce beautifully balanced flash illumination across the foreground and background. Gone are the ugly washout shots where the subject is blasted with light and the background dark and unexposed.
- Full Manual Controls: Gives the user the choice of direct access to manually control the settings and shooting features, and the specially designed chassis includes dedicated command buttons for quick and easy key functions.
- Instant Zoom/Zoom Bracketing: Useful for high level photography. The Instant Zoom function captures moving subjects at high zoom settings. After zooming on a subject, a single button gives an additional 1.4x or 2x digital zoom. Zoom Bracketing automatically captures the same image three times with zoom ratio settings of 1x, 1.4x and 2x with a single shutter release.
- Continuous Shooting: Allows up to 8 fps for 20 frames in S mode.
- AA-Battery Power: Using AA batteries is convenient for on-the-go digital camera users as it eliminates the need to charge battery packs, allowing for lots of picture-taking and the ease of battery replacement.